An exercise in self-deprecating humor. Not to be taken too seriously.
After planning the perfect escape I had to make one of the most imperfect comebacks...this is a true account of my life as it is now in Staten Island


Search This Blog

Monday, May 3, 2010

The reason why I can't land another job...


...Is probably because I send resumes and cover letters such as the one below:

"My name is Norma. As I read through your list of qualifications I realized that I fit the description of what you are looking for perfectly. I currently work in a securities brokerage firm, and although the money is good I can't say that I am happy there. This was my first job after college and I have been there for 5 years. I started off with administrative duties and slowly they trusted me with accounting responsibilities as well. To be frank I am looking for a work environment that feels less like a shark tank, because although I have proven that I can survive in it, I am afraid that eventually I will turn into a shark as well. I am not sure what kind of job this is but I think I would like to find out more, possibly over food and some coffee. Thank you, I will await for your reply."

No comments:

Post a Comment