An exercise in self-deprecating humor. Not to be taken too seriously.
After planning the perfect escape I had to make one of the most imperfect comebacks...this is a true account of my life as it is now in Staten Island


Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

'Au Revoir,Shosanna!'


My friend M.M, aka Shosanna: The only Jewish girl that would let me quote a movie character that hunted Jews for a living, over and over again, during a boring Monday morning at work. Sitting next to each other every day, we sometimes begin our mornings by talking about our plans of breaking free from Corporate America, although we could also easily have an intellectual conversation about Josh Brolin, his body, and his talent for licking armpits without grossing women out in movies like “Flirting with Disaster.” Aside from this we sometimes find time to work. This has been an achievement that took an incredible amount of time and effort on our side. For us, work usually arrives after I suddenly remember that we actually work in an office, after which I will proceed to have a meltdown about some deadline or the other, then go in the backroom and yell about our complete lack of work ethics. Shosanna will then proceed to calm me down, then calm herself down, and then as a final stroke of genius she will look at me dead in the eye, and with complete confidence she will utter the following words: ‘Norma, I want you to know that I have everything under control.’ Today is one of those days for example. I will now post this blog entry, will politely ask Shosanna to read it- because aside from her there are only two other people in this world that actually follow this blog- and I will proceed to have a nervous breakdown about one of the many deadlines that have been pushed aside by some of our higher callings in life, such as talking, writing, and daydreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment