An exercise in self-deprecating humor. Not to be taken too seriously.
After planning the perfect escape I had to make one of the most imperfect comebacks...this is a true account of my life as it is now in Staten Island


Search This Blog

Friday, March 19, 2010

The Way the Cookie Crumbled

You know that kind of week where by the end of it you look into the mirror and realize you have a whole new stack of white hair added on you as an extra bonus? Well yes, it was a week like that.
After our building caught on fire on Sunday, after setting up an entire office within 2 days, 16 hour work shifts, setting up the new office in a construction site, booking invoices while sitting on a box with construction workers installing wires above my head, sticking my head into a garbage can so I can throw up in it on St. Patty’s day, tripping on wires and falling on my face several times, finding out that while we were moving stuff out from the old building we might have also been inhaling asbestos, having several anxiety attacks in the ladies bathroom trying to keep my self from breaking into tears in front of all my coworkers, witnessing the hysterical fits of Shosanna concerning her uterus and the dangers of inhaling asbestos, well after a week like that…my aunt finds my hidden pack of cigarettes. You might think that the universe, while it’s arranging and coordinating this fiasco of a life that I have this week would have spared me that. No in fact it didn’t. Because if it had, I would not have woken up to my aunt standing by my bed, having to listen to her deliver a 30 minute lecture on the dangers of smoking and addiction

No comments:

Post a Comment