An exercise in self-deprecating humor. Not to be taken too seriously.
After planning the perfect escape I had to make one of the most imperfect comebacks...this is a true account of my life as it is now in Staten Island


Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The many different ways an airplane could crash...


As I was lying in bed flipping through the channels the other night Dita called me to talk about our Vegas trip. What did I immediately do? I put my TV on mute and put my remote control down so I can focus on our discussion. And there, as Dita was going on about one thing or the other, my eyes wondered towards the TV screen and I saw a wonderful program in 3D animation showing me the many different ways an airplane could crash. The scene that has particularly stuck in my mind is the one where the roof of a plane becomes detached mid-flight and dozens of 3D animation characters are shown sitting in their seats with their belts still on and no roof over their heads. Yes a wonderful program designed for people like me, hypochondriac neurotics who fear death in any shape or form and are known to have massive panic attacks that manifest themselves in crying marathons as they're boarding an airplane.

No comments:

Post a Comment